HR & Clinic Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Northland Veterinary Group:
Northland Veterinary Group is a group of three clinics based in Hikurangi, Maunu, Onerahi, dedicated to caring for the small and large animals of Northland 7 days a week. We are passionate about providing excellent care to animals and pride ourselves on being able to meet all animal health needs.
At Northland Veterinary Group we have a commitment to a positive culture and we focus on providing a supportive work environment to our team members. Our team is made up of around 30 team members including Vets, Nurses and Support Staff.
A full time, permanent position has opened up in our Management team for the position of HR & Clinic Coordinator.
This integral role will be based primarily from our Maunu clinic but will oversee the day-to-day operations and smooth running of all three of our clinics.
The main responsibilities of this role include;
- Leadership of the Support Staff;
- All HR-related functions including recruitment/induction, overseeing team training and development, performance management and performance reviews.
- First port of call for the team for any issues at any of the clinics and problem solving to remedy these;
- Rostering of support staff and flagging potential issues with Vet rostering with Directors;
- Communication between Management and the wider team;
- Processing the weekly pay run (you will be competent in payroll for a 7 day/week business);
- Health and safety maintenance;
- Meeting coordination for our various teams and minute taking at each meeting;
- Transfer of equipment/stock etc. between each of our clinics;
- Oversight of IT system (outsourced IT provider);
- Coordinating student placements.
Your leadership style will be strong on motivation and inspiration and you will be a solutions-focused problem solver. You will be able to inspire and coach staff to be their best using your superior communication skills. Ideally you will have leadership experience from a complex environment and you will have strong HR experience with an HR qualification, and good knowledge of employment legislation.
Our clinics are fast-paced and can often get quite busy! You will need to be someone who is organised and not be phased by working under pressure when required and can juggle priorities well. You will also be someone who:
- Is enthusiastic and engaged;
- Has outstanding coordination and relationship building skills;
- Has high attention to detail;
- Ideally has experience within a Veterinary practice or with dairy/large animal knowledge.
- Experience in Human Resources and understanding of HR legislation.
What we offer:
Northland Veterinary Group offers a supportive and caring team environment and the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our clients and patients. You will get to see animals every day and no two days will be the same!
We also offer benefits such as a staff discount, uniform and free car parking.
You can find out more about us at www.northvets.co.nz or look us up on Facebook (@NorthVetsPets).
How to apply:
If you would like to become part of our tight-knit team at Northland Vet Group, please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you think this is the job for you and outlining any work experience relevant to the role.
Your application has been successfully submitted.