Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: SPCA Dunedin/Invercargill Centre
About the role:
Exciting opportunity for a qualified vet to join the Dunedin SPCA team, working full time (40 hours per week). Work with a great team in a newly built clinic with the added benefits of CPD and enjoy work/life balance with no weekend or afterhours work!
The Veterinarian provides leadership and consultative support on veterinary clinical matters throughout the SPCA, ensuring professional standards of animal care and hygiene, and for all animals presented to and under the care of the SPCA. The vet also ensures all services are consistent with the 5 freedoms, while actively promoting the highest standards of animal welfare for all animals under our care.
Opportunities to take part in community outreach programmes and to provide education and training to the staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified Veterinarian and be registered to practice in New Zealand.
- Have a minimum of 2 years' practical experience
- Be highly adaptable to apply your skills in the shelter setting.
- Be passionate about animal welfare.
- Have a great attitude with management and leadership experience of a successful work team
· Have excellent written and oral communication skills
· Have the ability to manage stress and handle emotional situations while retaining empathy
Who we are:
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
If you are interested in a role where the work you do every day makes a difference to the lives of animals in need, we want to hear from you!
To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Please apply now with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Wednesday 23rd June 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.