CANZ Good Life Centre Director (Remote - working from home)
- Important role in establishing a “good life” for companion animals
- Permanent – Full-time or part-time
- Flexible – work from home
Companion Animals New Zealand (CANZ) is committed to advancing the understanding, quality and adoption of responsible companion animal guardianship in New Zealand.
To promote its animal welfare work CANZ is establishing a Research and Education Centre to revolutionize the lives of companion animals so that they enjoy a “Good Life.”
We are looking for an experienced, outstanding leader to help deliver an ambitious strategy involving developing and driving animal welfare research and education programmes, developing effective human behaviour change initiatives, promoting the benefits of responsible animal guardianship and cultivating animal welfare networks in New Zealand and overseas. Working closely with the CANZ General Manager and reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Good Life Centre Director will play a pivotal role in leading the charity to achieve its animal welfare outcomes.
You will also be responsible for leading the advocacy and lobbying on companion animal welfare issues to local and central government.
This is a challenging role that will suit an experienced leader in the animal welfare field who has a passion for driving human behaviour change initiatives to elevate companion animal welfare standards. You will be expected to both bring and cultivate a strong network of national and international experts in the science of animal welfare.
- A visionary with a proven track record in developing human behavioural change programs for animal welfare.
- Well qualified, knowledgeable and credible in animal welfare science.
- Highly organised and motivated individual requiring minimal supervision.
- Extraordinary leader with the ability to motivate and develop a new Centre and staff.
- Experienced in scientific research, analysis, and reporting.
- Skilled in advocacy, policy development, and community engagement.
- Proficient in IT and social media.
- A challenging senior leadership role providing an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the animal welfare field.
- A seasoned leader with 10+ years of senior management and leadership roles.
- Well-versed in the not-for-profit/charity sector.
- Passionate about innovative education and human behaviour change programs.
If you are ready to make a difference apply now!
Application close: 5pm June 28th 2023
Applications (including cover letter) to the Chair of CANZ Animal Welfare Committee - email@example.com
Interview process: First interviews are being held 4th-6th July. Second interviews involving a presentation to the CANZ Board are being held 10th-13th July.
To find out more about Companion Animals New Zealand, please go to our website: https://www.companionanimals.nz/