Dairy Farm Assistant
Synlait is a dynamic, purpose-led milk nutrition company that is Doing Milk Differently for a Healthier World! We’re shifting perceptions and driving value through new thinking, and a new attitude. We combine expert farming with state-of-the-art processing to produce a range of nutritional milk products for our global customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an award-winning company. We are looking for Dairy Farm Assistants to join us on a permanent basis. The farm is in an excellent location close to Christchurch where you will be assisting with milking 950 cows. You will be closely supported by an Operations Manager and the wider Synlait team. This will be on a rotating roster of 6 days on and 2 days off.
As a Synlait employee you will also receive subsidised healthcare, work phone, house internet, free flu vaccinations, subsidized social events and training and development opportunities.
Key Responsibilities include;
- You will assist the Farm Manager in achieving agreed production and profitability targets from the herd and farm resources, participating in all farm management activities as required.
- Assist in efficient and hygienic milking routine and follow our procedures to produce high quality milk.
- You will be responsible for safe handling of animals and report any health and welfare issues.
- Assist with feeding stock on-farm and growing young stock, and is aware of changing feed needs during lactation.
- NCEA level 2
- Full Clean drivers license
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years experience working full time in any industry but Agricultural work experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Displays a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Has affinity for animals
Things at Synlait move quickly, so energy and enthusiasm will stand you in good stead. If you enjoy working with great people, are versatile, and ready for a change, click ‘Apply’ now!