Veterinarian Technologist / Technician
Totally Vets is a dynamic veterinary company, providing services and products in the Manawatu, Tararua, Horowhenua and Taumarunui areas for companion animals, equine, and production animals.
Our business thrives on talented people providing superior care and advice for the health, wellbeing, and performance of animals. Our business is committed to achieving a challenging Mission. When you join us, you become part of that effort.
We have a vacancy for a Vet Tech to join our busy mixed animal clinic based in Levin.
We are a client centric business and put our customers and patients at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be in a great working environment, part of a friendly team and be provided with great benefits and opportunities for CPD within the wider business. We offer a comprehensive induction and development program.
- Carrying out a huge variety of farm calls predominately for our dairy, lifestyler and small holding clients. This may include, but not limited to; calf disbudding, blood sampling, condition scoring, repro work, vaccinating, locomotion scoring and tail scoring. Lifestyle block work often includes vaccinating, drenching, weighing, and creating preventative health plans for clients. Our senior techs carry out pregnancy scanning, functional hoof trimming, treating lame cows, first aid and follow up care of down cows in addition to the above tasks.
- Manage lab samples coming into the clinic, and carry out a large range of in-house lab work from milk cultures to faecal egg counts
- Giving advice to farmers and lifestylers when they come into clinic
- Providing excellent standards of care for our patients and clients
- Anesthetic monitoring and carrying out procedures in clinic with large animals
We are looking for a person who has the following qualities:
- Can work in a team, but who is equally confident to work by themselves
- Excellent organisational skills
- Applicant will ideally have a Bachelor of Veterinary Technology, but other qualifications could be considered for the right person
- An excellent standard of customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have a passion for animal health and welbeing
- Good level of physical fitness
- Have initiative and a pro-active work ethic
This position is a full-time position, Tuesday to Saturday
Please apply before 19th June 2021 with your CV and cover letter.
A copy of the job description is available on request. For more information, please email Ashleigh Taylor, Team Leader - firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.