Part-Time Veterinary Nurse | Bay After Hours
Looking for an exciting and challenging new role in emergency and after-hours nursing?! Would you like to earn $30+ an hour? Would you like Full time, Part time, Any Time….! READ ON.
At Bay After Hours Veterinary Hospital we work nights, weekends and public holidays and strive to offer the best medicine and care possible for our patients and clients regardless of the time of the day.
We are a fun, passionate, welcoming and supportive bunch of vets and nurses and work very well as a team. We provide afterhours services for all the primary clinics in Tauranga and surrounding areas. We are looking for a friendly and dedicated vet nurse with a minimum of two years’ experience to join us who is keen to extend their knowledge and take that next exciting step in their career!
This is a permanent part-time position made up of a combination of weekend and nightshifts including overnight shifts. The roster is designed to give you the best work/life balance possible, whilst working nights and weekends.
Your responsibilities will include:
- client relations
- patient evaluation and triage
- care and monitoring of hospitalised patients and critical transfers
- taking bloods and placing IV catheters
- anaesthetic monitoring of high-risk patients
- digital radiography, CT scans and lab testing
- fluid therapy and blood transfusion monitoring
We have an onsite full IDEXX laboratory and blood gas capabilities, smartflow inpatient hospital system, digital radiography, ultrasound, CT, oscillometric blood pressure, doppler, capnography, ECG, endoscopy, fluid therapy and more.
You will be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and must be:
- self-motivated and good at multi-tasking
- able to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- a good team player and willing to work extra hours if needed
- enthusiastic and compassionate
- skilled at using computers and being familiar with Vetlink software would be an advantage
- a qualified veterinary nurse, experience preferred but not required
- applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
Experience in emergency nursing would be beneficial but not essential. Full training on our emergency protocols will be provided.
We provide a competitive remuneration commensurate with experience with a starting rate for senior nurses from $30ph, advancement in the practice, continuing education, membership with the NZVNA, new skills and learning opportunities on every shift, and you get to use your skills every day!
Please submit your CV or any queries to email@example.com
Applications for this position will remain open until we find a great match for the team.