This job is no longer accepting applications.
Feline Fanatics is a well known and respected cat sitting business located in West Auckland.
We have a loyal client base which continues to grow, and we pride ourselves on the service and level of care we provide.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for that special someone who shares our huge love of cats to join our team. It is a fixed term role to cover maternity leave until March 2022. If the successful candidate fits in purrrfectly with our clients and team, a permanent position may be offered nearing the end of the term.
As a cat sitter, you will be responsible for looking after the general wellbeing of client’s cat(s) while they are away. You will be feeding and watering per client instruction, washing food and water bowls, scooping/cleaning litter boxes, administering medications as required, and carrying out day to day grooming requirements.
You will also be required to carry out meet and greet appointments with prospective clients. These are currently carried out on weekday evenings at 7.00pm or 7.30pm by arrangement only.
In-home visits are carried out once or twice daily between the hours of 7.00am – 11.00am and 4.00pm – 8.00pm Monday to Sunday. This includes public holidays. We currently service West and Central suburbs of Auckland.
- Possess a huge love for cats!
- Feel comfortable interacting and handling cats of all temperaments.
- Ideally holds a diploma or certificate in Veterinary Nursing, Animal Technology or AnimalCare/Husbandry/Handling
- Have previous experience working in animal boarding facilities, community cat care organisations, volunteering for animal charities (ie: SPCA) or similar.
- Demonstrate high levels of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Be able to analyse situations and make informed decisions.
- Have good common sense and be able to easily follow instructions.
- Be friendly, respectful, and honest with great verbal and written communication skills.
- Be professional, punctual and eager to work.
- Hold a valid NZ Drivers Licence and have access to own reliable transport.
- Be able to pass a New Zealand Police background check and/or drug testing upon request.
- Be a New Zealand resident or currently hold a valid New Zealand work visa.
What we offer:
- Working for a company that loves what they do.
- On the job training and support
- Access to business vehicle for carrying out visits.
- Flexibility of hours (dependent on client load)
- Competitive wage package
If this opportunity sounds purrrfect for you then we’d love to hear from you. Email your CV and a cover letter to mailto:email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.