Veterinary Laboratory Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently seeking a part-time Veterinary Laboratory Technician (approx. 20 hours) to join our laboratory team to support out Serology and Microbiology departments in New Zealand.
Based in our new purpose-built Hamilton laboratory, you would be joining a global market leader in a role focused on the provision of high-quality and timely diagnostic testing services, assaying, and processing a wide variety of samples for routine and complex pathology investigation.
Who we are looking for:
- You will have a tertiary qualification in a relevant technical discipline and/or a minimum of two years’ experience in a laboratory environment.
- You will have a strong understanding of all the essentials; a broad knowledge of multi-disciplinary routine diagnostic pathology testing procedures, and a demonstrated ability to perform routine and potentially complex diagnostic tests while ensuring adherence to standard procedures, policies and practices.
- Experience in Microbiology and/or Serology is highly desired.
- You will be computer savvy and have exposure to a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- You will have the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills are highly desired.
- You will be confident operating under pressure and time constraints without compromising on quality control procedures and practices.
What we can offer?
- In return, this role offers an opportunity to join a global market leader that continues to reinvest $100M per annum into research and development devoted to diagnostics.
- Ongoing training and investment in its people, including product training and professional skill development.
- Ongoing health and wellness activities
- Work within a collaborative team environment
- An opportunity for you to make your mark alongside the New Zealand business, where we are focused and passionate about the wellbeing and health of pets, people and livestock.
- A strong supportive infrastructure and assistance where needed, from a highly respected and valued, laboratory team.
- A close-knit team environment where there is a tendency to celebrate Fridays with morning tea, and a sense of humour is appreciated.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you?
We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being rewarded for your efforts, please APPLY or contact Kathryn Kelly, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Kathryn-Kelly@idexx.com or visit careers.idexx.com/us/en/anz or www.idexx.com.au/en-au to learn more about IDEXX.
Your application has been successfully submitted.