Hatchery Team Members
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We proudly employ approximately 1200 people in all aspects of poultry production across New Zealand. We are a fully integrated farming, primary and further processing poultry production business focused on quality and safety. At Ingham's we are continually striving for business excellence and innovative growth initiatives whilst maintaining the traditional Ingham's values.
As a Hatchery Worker, your role will be involved in the receiving and hatching of our breeder eggs from incubation through to delivery! Once hatched our chicks are sent from the Hatchery to our Broiler farms so efficient hatching and animal welfare standards are essential to our Hatchery Operations.
The following contracts avaliable for this role are 32 hour week contracts:
Hours of work are between 6.00am and 2.30pm, rostered weekend work will also be required.
In the role, you will be responsible for:
- Handling of live poultry and eggs - including cute and fluffy baby chicks!
- Cleaning of machinery, equipment, and hatchery rooms in preparation for new chicks
- General hatchery duties
- Adhering to animal welfare and quality and safety standards
To be successful in this role:
- You will be an energetic team player striving for success
- Due to Bio-Security risks all farming employees may not have any poultry at home
- You will have the ability to work unsupervised and have excellent time management
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- You won't be afraid of hard work or rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in
What's in it for you?
- Great starting rate with rate increases as you progress in training,
- Staff benefits package
- Staff sales of Ingham's products at great prices!
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your application and include a copy of your CV. All applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand. Applications without a CV attached will not be accepted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.