Technical Specialist - Wool & Farm
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Livestock Technical Specialists play a key role in developing new and supporting assurance programmes that have a real impact on shaping our food world through enabling product claims, supporting export opportunities, reducing animal welfare issues and supporting environmental sustainability.
With the ongoing demands in the Wool industry, we are on the search for an on- farm and supply chain specialist to join our team. You will also get the opportunity to work across other livestock industries including dairy, red meat and poultry while gaining experience working with and supporting our certification programmes, accreditations in our fast-paced environment.
Working with a small multipurpose group and reporting to the Compliance Manager of Livestock, you will get the chance to embrace many varied opportunities for learning and development that come with the role.
This is a full time role, based in our Christchurch office or other locations that are mutually agreed to, we support flexible working arrangements, both in terms of location and time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being the technical representative to support our customers, service delivery and administration team on all aspect's wool related
- Delivering on farm audits and completing certification decisions as required and working along side our operations team members
- Completing on farm and office based quality checks and ensure compliance with scheme and accreditation requirements
- Supporting our Service Delivery team and auditors with clarifications and improvements to systems, procedures and manuals
- Providing technical advice to customers, account Managers and the technical team on our livestock assurance activities
- Developing and maintaining assurance standards, procedures, audit checklists and guidelines
- Working with clients and the business to develop new programmes and evolve current ones and get to take the lead when we pilot the new and ever changing services we provide
- Providing and developing training, coaching and technical support for our office-based and field teams
While we're a big business unit, we are connected and integral to New Zealand's Agriculture and farming industry. You will have plenty of opportunities for development, learning and there will always be new opportunities and challenges for you to help us respond to.
Our Livestock team are based all around New Zealand, so it is likely there will be some national travel involved.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- A team contributor with lots of initiative and be dynamic in your thinking
- A strong and clear communicator, with the ability to engage people across a diverse stakeholder group and all levels of business
- Someone who enjoys research, analysis and problem-solving
- Willing to learn additional skills to undertake further opportunities
- Flexible and adaptable
Previous experience in certification programmes, agribusiness, woold industry and supply chain, environmental, quality auditing would be valuable to us, but it's not essential.
It's an exciting time for our business unit, and you can make a real contribution to our success in your new role as a Technical Specialist.
Everyday our experienced team of 1800+ people work alongside farmers, producers, and others throughout the food supply chain to help them uphold what Aotearoa stands for in food - a higher standard of quality and safety. We are passionate about our shared role as Kaitiaki Kai, guardians of food, and have a deep responsibility to do the right thing for food and the environments it comes from. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining great people, and supporting them to be the best they can be. We know diverse teams are stronger teams and we believe in fairness and opportunity for all.
Helping Aotearoa shape a better food world.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Your application has been successfully submitted.