Laboratory Animal Technician
The University of Auckland is one of New Zealand’s most significant and complex entities and one of NZ’s largest employers. The Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences (FMHS) is one of our biggest faculties and we are committed to improving the health of our local, national, and global communities through excellence in teaching, research, service, and engagement.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
We’re seeking a Laboratory Animal Technician to join our busy research unit at our leading Faculty of Medical & Health Science, where ground-breaking research is carried out every day.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in supporting some of the University’s world-leading research, where you will directly contribute to bettering the lives of people in New Zealand and around the world. Apply today!
Important Skills | Nga Pūkenga Motuhake
- This role covers all aspects relating to animal welfare, husbandry, hygiene and breeding. A qualification in Animal Care is a distinct advantage; as is an understanding of the New Zealand Animal Welfare regulations.
- We envisage you’ll be confident in handling both large and small animals, and ideally have previous animal care and welfare experience (full training will be provided, however).
- Excellent communication skills are a must, as you will be required to work both independently and seamlessly as part of a busy team.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required.
For more information on the role, please view the position description.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university and is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave per annum
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email.
Sunday, 06 June 2021 and include an up to date CV and cover letter outlining what strengths you will bring to this role.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
In accordance with our commitment to equitable recruitment, the University welcomes applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates. In response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government has imposed a travel ban and are currently only allowing New Zealand Residents, Citizens and visa holders meeting a strict exception policy to enter the country, all of whom must currently enter Government approved quarantine for two weeks on arrival.
It is uncertain when these border restrictions will change, and this may impact the degree to which an offshore candidate can engage in the interview process; or be available to commence in a new position. For more information and updates on the border restrictions visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website.
Your application has been successfully submitted.