Retail Assistant / Nutrition Advisor
About Raw Essentials
Raw Essentials is on a mission to create healthy pets (and happy owners) through a natural, species-appropriate diet. We're recognised as the raw feeding experts, with an evidence-based, scientific approach to feeding New Zealand grown, traceable, 100% natural, raw food.
Our trained experienced teams operate from 13 stores across New Zealand offering a wide range of products and personalised advice - that pets and owners lap up.
We're looking for a passionate person - who lives our values of being friendly, curious, responsive and knowledgeable - to work at our Ellerslie store.
About Our Role
This is a full time role (approx. 38 hours) per week, Sunday to Thursday. Some flexibility to work at other Central and South Auckland stores is required.
In addition to customer service and keeping the shop looking amazing, you'll be providing advice and education for pet owners, to help their dogs and cats eat their way to better health with a species appropriate, 'raw meaty bones' diet. Full training in all aspects of raw feeding for cats and dogs will be provided.
We sell frozen pet food – lots of it! Our stores get regular, frozen deliveries, so you'll need to be strong, active and willing to get 'stuck in', in order to unpack deliveries and keep the freezers fully stocked.
About Your Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Customer service
- Case management
- Stock management & stock control
- Day to day running of the shop
- Maintenance of customer records
If you have a flair for customer service, excellent communication skills, great attention to detail and an enthusiasm for natural animal health & well being, we'd love to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in retail and an excellent customer service focus
- Have strong, effective communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a good work ethic & attention to detail
- Be able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Be flexible and able to multitask effectively
- Be passionate about natural animal health & well being
- Have background knowledge/personal experience of raw feeding cats/dogs, or a strong interest in raw feeding
- Have no issues with lifting heavy boxes (up to 20kgs) of stock
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in New Zealand.
What's in it for you?
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in a growing, sustainable, NZ-owned and operated company that truly cares about their people and their product.
We offer a development-focused environment and positive team culture. Hourly rate will be dependent upon skills and experience and employees enjoy a staff discount.
To apply, submit your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work with Raw Essentials. A full job description is available on request.
Your application has been successfully submitted.