This job is no longer accepting applications.
We have an opportunity for a Company Veterinarian to join our team at Bromley Park Hatcheries. Bromley Park Hatcheries produces and sells quality layer and meat day old chicks.
The position would ideally suit a veterinarian with some exposure to the poultry industry; however, we would consider a new graduate or a veterinarian with regulatory experience looking for a more applied challenge for the role, as technical support and training will be available for the right candidate.
This full-time role is based at Tuakau and also supports our operations at Ohoka in the South Island, working closely with our management team and farm managers.
- Facilitate a programme of flock health monitoring through serological, microbiological, molecular and gross pathological testing and examination
- Ensure that testing and inspection of supply flocks meets Overseas Market Access requirements and complies with the MPI Export Code of Practice
- Monitor vaccination programmes and ensure appropriate blood testing is in place to meet compliance standards
- Support production initiatives and operations by gathering information from farms on care, conditions, performance and action of birds
- Visit farms and customers to advise on the health and wellbeing of flocks; advise on treatment of any conditions diagnosed
- Provide Veterinary support for layer, breeder and broiler customers
- Ensure Biosecurity, Quality, Standard Operating Procedures and Health and Safety requirements are being followed
- Monitor animal welfare within the company to ensure compliance with Animal Welfare Codes
- Attend meetings of the Poultry Association of NZ Veterinary Technical Committee
- Current NZ Veterinary Practicing Certificate
- Familiarity with the NZ regulatory environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong team focus
- A commercial mindset
- Results and quality driven
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
To be considered for this role please submit your CV and a covering letter via the link below.
Due to our biosecurity policy, we are unable to accept applications from anyone who has chicken/birds/pigs at their place of residence.
You must have the right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Your application has been successfully submitted.