Animal Attendant & Centre Support
Contract: Permanent, part-time role
Hours of work: 20 hours per week, Friday to Sunday
Location: SPCA Centre Tauranga
About the role
We are currently seeking an animal attendant / shelter support person to assist with the day to day tasks of our SPCA centre in Tauranga.
Key Responsibilities and Purpose of the role:
· Being involved in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Centre
· Ensuring a safe and supportive working environment where staff and volunteers are led to carry out their duties efficiently and effectively.
· Promotes unity by developing and maintaining strong relationships with other SPCA Centers.
· Develop and maintain community relationships and the local reputation of the SPCA brand.
· Ensuring compliance with all statutory and legal obligations of the Centre and adherence with all established guidelines, protocols and policies.
· Ensuring that animal welfare is always a primary consideration, and all animals under the responsibility of SPCA Tauranga are cared for appropriately
· Proactively managing and embedding a culture of Health & Safety
What we can offer you
· An opportunity to make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· A chance to work with highly passionate people
What we need from you
· Proven experience in animal care and customer service
· Experience and knowledge in managing or working with volunteers.
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience.
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Have excellent computer skills.
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
· Have a full and current NZ driver’s license
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close 30 May 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.