Animal Attendant Team Leader - Canine
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Permanent full-time role
Hours of Work: Rostered Shifts, 40 hours per week between 8am – 5pm, Monday – Sunday
Location: SPCA Whangarei Centre
About the role:
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone to lead our busy and passionate Canine team at SPCA Whangarei.
The role includes but is not limited to:
· Providing strong and consistent leadership to a committed and well-functioning team
· Overall responsibility for ensuring the welfare needs of animals are met in accordance with SPCA policies and in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act 1999
· Ensuring high quality customer service to both internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful adoption and outcomes
· Contributing towards the development and implementation of policies and procedures and training that ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
· Overseeing canine temperament assessments and providing ongoing development in this area
· Communicating and working collaboratively with neighboring SPCA Centre’s to ensure interdepartmental systems and processes are effective and maintained to the required standard
· Providing team members with up to date knowledge of animal care
· Reporting to and assisting the Centre Manager as required and providing relevant data and statistics
· Assisting with the integration and development of volunteers within the team
· Working closely with external agencies including other SPCA shelters, Animal Control or other community based agencies
· Working with team members to achieve positive and successful canine outcomes and adoptions
What we can offer you:
· Make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· Work with highly passionate people
What we need from you :
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Tertiary level qualification in animal husbandry/behaviour and animal care; and practical animal-handling experience and knowledge in canine care and training.
· The ability and experience to assess animal behaviors and provide the best plan for positive outcomes
· Have proven recent management and leadership experience of a successful team and experience with coaching, mentoring and performance management
· Experience in effective recruitment of staff to ensure the continuance of a high performing team
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude
· Be a self- motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work and be able to prioritize and effectively manage workloads
· Have excellent computer skills
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Who we are:
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/whate-we-do.
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role will NOT be considered.
Applications close 4 June 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.