Animal Attendant - Hospital Support
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Location: SPCA Auckland (Mangere) Centre
The Animal Attendant - Hospital Support person will be expected to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and empathy, and as part of the team, ensure that the animals receive best practice care and comply to animal welfare. We are currently on the lookout for a full time, motivated, compassionate, hospital support person with an excellent work ethic administration, people, and animal handling experience.
We are able to offer the successful applicant a great team to work with, a unique, challenging environment and an opportunity to further develop and strengthen your animal handling skills. SPCA is a great place to work where some of the benefits include a caring team environment, lots of fun staff events and discounted pet food and accessories.
You may be required to work some weekends and public holidays on a rostered basis.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist & support Vet team with Foster appointments and the majority of incoming animals, which involves animal restraint, processing animals in and out of consult rooms, following Veterinary instruction in animal care
- Working in hospital reception greeting and assisting visitors
- Accurately capturing and entering animal information into database
- Answering the phones and general reception duties
- Assist nurses with paperwork when appropriate
- Provide support to nursing team with animal care needs as approved by Hospital Administrator or Head Nurse
- Work closely with Volunteers to provide support & relationship building
- Competent animal handling including medicating
- Administration and people handling skills
- Good data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Great time management
- Able to work with and support both staff members and volunteers
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close May 30th 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.