This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Do you love working with animals?
- Are you passionate about providing exceptional service?
- Utilise your animal care training and experience in this senior role
- Handy Silverdale location
Pets In The City Silverdale is seeking a full-time Team Leader. You must be passionate about taking care of our customers' precious pets and delivering exceptional service.
Pets In The City is an exclusive Doggie Daycare facility dedicated to offering the very best care and facilities to our customer's beloved dogs. Pets In The City is a unique concept in pet care offering a variety of services including Doggie Daycare, Grooming, Training and pet-focused retail – all in the heart of the Hibiscus Coast. We operate up to 7 days a week including public holidays.
As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day care of our doggie daycare guests. Key responsibilities include ensuring all our guests are safe, happy and healthy, that the play parks and apartments are spotlessly clean at all times, that parks are adequately supervised so that every "furry" guest leaves Pets In The City has had a wonderful day. In this senior role, your ability to interact confidently and professionally with customers and management is also essential.
In addition, as this is a senior role, at times you will be responsible for running a full shift and supervising less experienced members of the team. Good communication skills, organisation, reliability and maturity are required.
You will be required to work on a rotating roster across any 7 days in the week, and weekends, public and school holidays as required.
While a professional qualification such as animal husbandry, dog training/handling or similar is desirable, practical experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 2 years is essential and will be regarded highly.
In return for your skills, expertise and training you will be provided with a fun, supportive working environment, a competitive hourly rate, training and uniforms.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a professional caregiver?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
Your application has been successfully submitted.