Kennel Assistant - Animal Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Hutt City Council, we're working to co-create our future with the communities we serve - and we want you to be part of it! We have an opportunity for someone who is passionate about doing the right thing for Te Awakairangi - our city.
Hutt City Council's Animal Services is looking for a Kennel Assistant to join their team - this is a unique opportunity that doesn't come around very often.
We're looking for someone to maintain the animal services facility, where both impounded and boarded dogs are kept. On a daily basis you will be microchipping, cleaning, feeding and exercising dogs.
You will be responsible for cleaning the kennel areas and maintaining and reporting on stock levels, as well as jumping in to assist the administration team when required.
The ideal person for this role will:
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to converse effectively with a broad range of people
- A good level of physical fitness and stamina
- Be confident handling and controlling dogs and other animals
- Experience dealing with difficult dog behaviour and reading dog body language
- Experience with temperament assessments
If this sounds like the perfect role for you we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications Close Monday 24 May 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.