Veterinary Nurse - Junior/Student
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Just starting out in your Vet Nursing career, or currently studying towards your dream job as a Vet Nurse?
Vetcare Group is recruiting for a Junior Veterinary Nurse to support our Kaiwharawhara clinic.
About the role:
This is a great opportunity for a newly qualified Vet Nurse, or Vet Nursing student looking for a Part Time opportunity to gain exposure and really kick start your career.
Part-Time permanent opportunity – every Sunday
While this role will largely be based in our Kaiwharawhara clinic, we have 3 other Wellington based clinics, this means you could have the opportunity to pick up extra hours and shifts from time to time.
- We’ll provide everything you need to feel supported on the ground so you can get on with doing what you do best as a veterinary nurse – providing gold standard care for our patients.
- You will be supported with on-the-job training and have the opportunity to learn from our experienced and passionate team.
- Excellent benefits - including generous staff discounts and development opportunities.
As a Veterinary Professional you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a talented Veterinary Nurse. No two days in a Vet Clinic are the same, this role will involve:
- Preventive care patient planning
- Record keeping and attention to detail
- Medical and General Nursing
- Client communication and education
- Medication dispensing and administering
- Obtaining patient history and maintaining treatment records
- Operating Room surgery assistance
- Practice protocol knowledge, understanding and adherence
- Pre and post-surgery patient care.
Our support team is made up of experienced vets and vet nurses who know what good practice looks like to support you. Our 18 clinics are like family, everyone supporting each other. We share your passion of having the best clinical standards and provide you with all the best equipment to ensure you can meet your patient needs.
Your qualifications, caring nature and love of animals are certainly essential to your success in this role. In addition, these qualities are important to us:
- You have some exposure to all-round clinical and surgical nursing
- You are either qualified or currently studying towards your Vet Nursing qualification
- You’ve got customer service experience and you work well in a team
- You enjoy learning and embracing new technology
- You’re passionate about the veterinary industry and high standards of patient care
- Available to work each Sunday and flexible to pick up other shifts from time to time, that could include some evenings, weekends and public holidays.
What we’re offering:
We have a real passion for what we do, and we go the extra mile for both our people and our patients. You will be part of a supportive team who works together to deliver our purpose, vision, and values. We offer excellent staff benefits, competitive remuneration and a fun and collaborative team environment.
If this sounds like you, apply today or for further information on this opportunity please contact Hayley - HParker@vetcaregroup.co.nz
Animates Vetcare is a Rainbow Tick Certified employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.