Casual Veterinary Nurse / Receptionist Timaru
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Flexible? Adaptable? Are you the Super Nurse who can come to our rescue?
Aorangi Veterinary Services Ltd is an established veterinary practice supplying over 40 years of quality veterinary service in South Canterbury. Our clinics are located in Geraldine, Fairlie and Timaru. We have a great team and are focused on providing the best service for our customers and improving the health and welfare of all animals we deal with.
We are looking for a veterinary nurse to fill help cover the gaps in the roster at our Timaru clinic, although the successful applicant may have the opportunity to work at any Aorangi Vets clinic.
Our Timaru clinic is Best Practice-accredited with up to date equipment including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and a full Idexx laboratory suite. We have a large companion animal client base and provide veterinary care and products for a number of farm clients and lifestylers.
The role is predominately as a vet nurse, however we are looking for a person who can fit into any role within the clinic.
Full-time hours will be provided during your training and induction period, then the position will settle into a casual basis, with hours changing from week to week.
Clinic hours are 8 am until 6 pm on Monday to Friday, with the option for Saturday morning clinics between 10 am until 11:30 am.
We are looking for someone with:
- at least two years experience in a vet clinic
- previous reception experience
- a veterinary nursing qualification
- strong communication skills
- confident using computer software
- approachable, personable, and empathetic with a passion for customer service
- an enthusiastic approach, plus a willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- ability to multi-task, remain calm under pressure and be detail orientated
- knowledge of farming practices and large animal products would also be an advantage
Please apply through Seek.
If you would like to talk about the role before applying, please contact
Your application has been successfully submitted.