Full-time Vet Nurse | Crofton Downs Vet Clinic
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Crofton Downs Vet Clinic are seeking a nurse who has a minimum of 5 years qualified clinical experience and enjoys all aspects of veterinary nursing.
We deal with a local Bird rehabilitation and rescue organization and are preferred practice for the local rat club. Avian and exotic, especially rat, handling and knowledge would be an advantage. We also do some of our own on call and after hours work therefore experience with emergency triage will also be an advantage.
You will be required to work around 80 hours a fortnight, including evenings, every second weekend and assisting with our cattery.
We pride ourselves on our strong customer focus, knowing our clients and their pets. You must be a great communicator who can express empathy but also have a bright and bubbly personality to greet our clients.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide effective support to veterinarians in all aspects of veterinary nursing, including anaesthetic monitoring, animal handling, IV catheter placement and blood collection
- Maintain an excellent level of patient care and customer service at all times, treating every patient as if they were your own
- Maintain a consistently high level of organisation and cleanliness in the hospital and kennel areas at all times
- Assist with reception and administration tasks as required
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Qualification in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent) and around years veterinary nursing experience
- Ability to work well and multitask
- Strong time management
- A keen desire to always deliver excellent standards of patient care and customer service
- Excellent general computer literacy
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A genuine love for animals and their people
What we offer:
- Joining an experienced team of Vets and supportive Nurses
- Remuneration in line with experience
- Generous CPD and access to training centre
- Paid parental leave and bonus
Your application has been successfully submitted.