Companion Animal Veterinarians
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a both full-time and part-time companion animal vets to work for us at Rappaw Veterinary Care due to two part-time vets finishing for family reasons, plus the ongoing growth of our busy practice.
Rappaw Veterinary Care is a locally owned and operated multi-vet, multi-clinic companion-animal only practice. Our clinics are to the north of Wellington city in 4 locations centered around the Porirua Harbour and only 20 minutes from Wellington, Hutt Valley and the Kapiti Coast.
We would like experienced vets however we will consider recent graduates. We are a progressive practice that is looking to build a new purpose designed veterinary hospital this year. The positions include rostered 1-in-4 weekend work but no after-hours call-out work, as we are serviced by an After Hours Veterinary Clinic.
Why work for us?
- Our practice has two NZVA BESTPRACTICE accredited clinics
- We are members of the After Hours Veterinary Clinic (no after hours on-call work)
- We are a dedicated companion animal-only practice with 18 of our staff now Fear Free certified
- We are progressive, and the fastest growing independent practice in greater Wellington
- We are locally owned and operated by a vet who works in the practice (no corporate KPIs to stress about)
- The practice has fantastic support staff, including 14 fully qualified vet techs/vet nurses, and excellent equipment and facilities
- We are a multi-vet practice with the most experienced vet team in all of Wellington (5 senior vets each with 15+ years’ experience) and are supportive of vets seeking Masters or Membership qualifications
- We deliver a high standard of care to clients and patients, being highly regarded in our community and by our profession in NZ
- Our clinics are about 20 minutes from central Wellington, a city that is cosmopolitan yet without the traffic headaches and unbelievable property prices of other places.
You must be VCNZ registered and have excellent interpersonal skills. We will provide excellent remuneration in return. If this sounds like you and want to enjoy working in a great practice, please send a covering letter and CV with references to Dr Ian Schraa.
P | 027 4524978
Your application has been successfully submitted.