PERMANENT FULL TIME SENIOR VETERINARIAN
This job is no longer accepting applications.
PERMANENT FULL TIME SENIOR VETERINARIAN:
COMPANION ANIMAL SURGICAL BIAS
SALARY $120K + DOE + GENEROUS OOH REMUNERATION
Vets on Alabama, Blenheim are looking for a senior companion animal clinician to expand and progress the existing team.
- This is a full-time role for a senior small animal clinician within a mixed practice. You will work 8-hour shifts Monday to Friday and be part of a 1 in 4 after hours rota. This is shared with a neighbouring clinic and currently equates to one full weekend on call in 4 and one weeknight on call per week. After hours work is fully and generously remunerated. Expansion of the existing team is planned, and this will mean reduced OOH commitments moving forward.
- We are one of 9 independent clinics operating under The Vet Company umbrella giving employees access to skills and knowledge across the group. CPD will be expected, actively encouraged, and supported.
- Current staffing structure includes a dedicated practice manager, senior farm animal clinician/ team leader, senior equine clinician/ team leader and small animal clinical team leader. Head nurse plus 3 additional nurses. Additional qualified nursing positions are currently being advertised. Dedicated reception team.
- Equipment is being reviewed and updated and currently includes CR digital x-ray, MyLabOne Ultrasound, iM3 dental machine, in house lab idexx machine, fluid pumps and basic GA monitoring.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Veterinary Degree recognised within NZ (sponsorship considered for the right overseas applicant)
- At least 3-5 years relevant clinical experience
- Proven area of extended study towards membership exams or equivalent
- Competency with diagnostic imaging and interpretation including ultrasound
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Good computer skills
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Membership exams in companion animal surgery or medicine.
- Willingness to mentor and progress existing clinical team to raise the standard of clinical care and services beyond first opinion practice. With new leadership in place the clinic is looking to expand its clinical expertise. With limited referral options we would like to extend surgical skills to offer more complex procedures and extend medical knowledge and patient care.
Equipment and facilities are currently being updated and reviewed and the incoming clinician will be able to have significant input into the new equipment sourced.
This position is a unique opportunity to become part of an extending and developing clinical team offering a great work/life balance and to relocate to a beautiful area.
Marlborough offers a fantastic environment with great access to outdoor activities and sports clubs, a safe community with lots of facilities for young families and good schooling options.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV with a covering letter and at least two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website: www.vetsonalabama.co.nz
Your application has been successfully submitted.