A&E Consult Veterinarian
VS Management Ltd
Auckland, New Zealand
Are you enjoying general practice but would like to spend an occasional shift in our hospital advancing your knowledge and experience? Or would you just like to dip your toes into the world of emergency veterinary care? Are you passionate about providing comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options as well as excellent care to your patients?
If you like the sound of this, then read on…
Our dedicated A&E service has increased its caseload in a way we never predicted since opening our doors 24-hours. We have a really strong team of veterinarians managing the current caseload, but we are on the hunt for some additional consult veterinarians to join our team on a casual basis. With us, you will be providing consulting services from a large specialist/referral hospital in Sylvia Park, central/east Auckland. You will meet a wide spectrum of clients, and you’ll have everything you will need to offer an excellent standard of veterinary care – a great workplace culture with like-minded colleagues, lots of toys, and support/consultation from your senior veterinary, specialist and management teams.
For you, we can offer:
- a varied and interesting case load from a diverse range of clients, where no two days are the same;
- professional and personal support to become the best vet you can be, with proactive collegial communication and access to a great network of specialist skills;
- generous remuneration, depending on experience; this is easily accessed on request.
From you, we are looking for:
- a qualified veterinarian, to cover occasional consult shifts on a casual basis (a minimum of one shift per month is required);
- all levels of clinical experience are welcome to apply - you will always have another veterinarian working alongside you, so you'll always have someone to discuss your case with;
- you do not need emergency experience, but you should have a desire to build your skills in the area of emergency work;
- a great communicator, with a track record of staying calm when all around you is not. You will be providing real time reporting on treatment progress to owners, and to the general practice vets who provide primary care to your patients.
If you have a thirst to learn and want to work in a clinic with a fun and supportive culture, we’d love to hear from you.
Consult shifts are generally scheduled:
- Sat/Sun/public holidays 8am – 2pm
- 7 days 1pm – 11.30pm
NOTE: You must be able to work legally in New Zealand as a registered veterinarian to apply for a position at VSA.
Visit our website on https://vsahospital.co.nz/emergency and have a tour through our clinic by following the link in the ad.
For more information or to discuss this opportunity in confidence, please contact:
Dr Rosemary Price
M: +64 21 476733.
Your application has been successfully submitted.