Animal Control Officer / Kaimahi Whakahaere Kararehe
This job is no longer accepting applications.
All about the job
Porirua City Council is looking for a customer service focused officer who will safeguard the community through assisting with providing an effective animal control service. If you are ready for the challenge this could be the job for you! You will be responsible for:
- Responding to public complaints surrounding dog and stock complaints
- Seizure and impoundment of animals
- Patrolling streets and beaches and educating dog owners and the general public
- Investigating complaints, taking statements and completing report files and administration
- Making decisions based on the seriousness or potential harm represented
- Cleaning pound facilities and feeding impounded animals
This is permanent full-time role (80 hours per fortnight) with rostered on-call duties. You must be available to work a schedule that includes early evening and weekend work. Previous enforcement/dog control experience would be favourable.
All about you
You’ll need to show us that you:
- have a proven ability to communicate effectively with members of the public
- are effective in resolving conflict in a calm and positive manner
- are confident in handling and working with animals
- have a high level of energy, good initiative and a can-do attitude
- have good report writing and general administration skills
All about Porirua City
Our city is changing and we need skilled people to help make that happen. Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. You’ll be welcomed into a team that’s collaborative, values input and empowers you to make things happen. To top it off, the harbour and natural environment are on your doorstep making it a great place to work.
Come and join our Monitoring and Compliance team. Please contact Greg Sinclair on 237 3834 for more information. Applications need to be received via our Careers Portal by Thursday 29 April 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.