Animal Attendant - Fixed Term
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Fixed Term, Part Time (6 months)
Hours of work: 30 hours, Saturday to Tuesday
Location: SPCA Gisborne Centre
We are seeking a Part Time Animal Attendant who can help our centre achieve the best outcomes for the animals under our care. The Animal Attendant is part of a small team responsible for taking care of the animals in the SPCA shelter, including feeding, cleaning, administering medication, monitoring animal health and behaviour, dealing with general enquiries, managing adoptions, and coordinating volunteers working in the animal areas.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will have previous experience working with animals, and most of all, be passionate about animal welfare.
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Have excellent computer skills.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close 5pm Monday 26th April 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.