Animal Attendant - Dog Daycare
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Fixed Term, Full Time
Hours of work: 40 hrs per week. Shifts between the hours of 6.45am - 7.00pm Monday – Friday
Location: SPCA Hobsonville
About the role
We are seeking candidates with excellent people skills and a passion for dogs and animal welfare as the SPCA has a full time fixed term position available as a team member of our very busy Doggy Daycare team.
The position will be busy, exciting, challenging and you would be working with like minded people who get the opportunity to make a difference every day.
Duties will include:
· Dealing with enquiries regarding enrolment of new dogs in person, via phone or website
· Coordinating and working with volunteers and the team with an aim to improve the daycare experience.
· Monitoring animal health, behaviour and administering medication if required
· Enhancing opportunities for socialisation, enrichment and basic training for the dogs in the daycare.
What we can offer you
· Make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· Work with highly passionate people
· Onsite parking
What we need from you
Our ideal Candidate will:
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge, in particular canine experience, and experience in behaviour and training
· Have applicable tertiary qualification e.g. animal care, animal welfare, canine training and behaviour would be preferable
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and have a friendly and positive attitude.
· Have previous experience working in a similar role
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Have excellent computer skills.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
· Active, physically able to cope with the rigor of the job
· Full, current New Zealand driver’s licence preferred
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close Thursday 29th April 2021
For a copy of the Job Description visit Animal-Attendant---Dog-Daycare-PD-April-21.docx.pdf
Your application has been successfully submitted.