Large Animal Technician
Palmerston North, New Zealand
The Role and Opportunity
AgResearch is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Large Animal Facility Technician to join the Animal Facilities Team at the Grasslands Campus in Palmerston North. This role is a full-time position, predominately Monday – Friday. The Large Animal Facility Technician is responsible for the day to day operational effectiveness of the Large Animal Facility and providing efficient animal support services to science groups at the Grasslands Campus.
What You will be Doing
Apply today, if you are:
- Open to work the odd weekend/public holiday or after hours when required
- Wanting to work alongside science teams, exposing you to future opportunities within the research sector
- Extremely reliable, have a strong work ethic and great communication skills.
- Self-motivated to ensure all necessary tasks are carried out efficiently and have common sense to be able to undertake all tasks in a safe, acceptable manner
- A professional, motivated person who is passionate about making a difference, has respect for animals and an appreciation of science
- Not afraid of getting your hands dirty and carrying out tasks that may be monotonous but necessary, such as cleaning
- Looking for a position that exposes you to or gives you a further understanding of compliance, ethics, animal husbandry/handling, research, and science
- Able to embrace, understand the importance of and comply with our compliance requirement.
Your Ideal Background
- Experience handling livestock and knowledge of large animal husbandry
- Excellent communication skills including being able to understand and carry out written instructions and leaving notes for others
- Valid NZ Driver's Licence
- Physically fit
- Competent with IT
- Knowledge or experience working on research projects (preferred but not essential)
- Animal Science degree or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, apply today on the link below with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For a confidential discussion contact Steve Lees on 06 351 8610.
Applications close: 2nd May 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.