Veterinary Nurse - Casual
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Vetcare Group is recruiting for a casual Veterinary Nurse to support our Pitama and Hokowhitu clinics in Palmerston North.
We’re not your typical vet group.
Our support team is made up of experienced vets and vet nurses who know what good practice looks like to support you. Our 17 clinics are like family, everyone supporting each other. We share your passion of having the best clinical standards and provide you with all the best equipment to ensure you can meet your patient needs.
About the role:
As a Veterinary Professional you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a talented Veterinary Nurse. Here are some of the key skills that we are seeking that are particularly relevant to this opportunity:
- Preventive care patient planning
- Record keeping and attention to detail
- Medical and General Nursing
- Client communication and education
- Medication dispensing and administering
- Obtaining patient history and maintaining treatment records
- Operating Room surgery assistance
- Practice protocol knowledge, understanding and adherence
- Pre and post-surgery patient care.
Your qualifications are certainly essential to your success in this role and it is expected that you will demonstrate talent and skill as a Veterinary Nurse. In addition, these qualities are important to us:
- You are proficient in all-round clinical and surgical nursing with at least a year’s experience working as a vet nurse
- You’ve got customer service experience and you work well in a team
- You enjoy learning and embracing new technology
- You’re passionate about the veterinary industry and high standards of patient care
- You can be flexible with hours of work on a casual basis, that could include some evenings, weekends and public holidays.
What we’re offering:
We have a real passion for what we do, and we go the extra mile for both our people and our patients. You will be part of a supportive team who works together to deliver our purpose, vision, and values. We offer excellent staff benefits with a fun and collaborative team environment. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Animates Vetcare is a Rainbow Tick Certified employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.