Equine veterinary nurse - seasonal
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cambridge Equine Hospital is a well-equipped primary care and referral equine clinic situated in the heart of the Waikato, with a strong focus on animal and client care. Our growing company currently has 12 Veterinarians, 4 Veterinary Nurses and 6 Administration Staff. For more in depth information, please visit our website. www.horsehospital.co.nz [link removed]
We are looking for someone with
- A Veterinary Nurse or Technician Qualification (Certificate or Diploma)
- A team player with a healthy ‘can do’ attitude to be a part of our positive team
- Flexible and able to multi-task with the ability to think and work quickly in what can be a fast paced, busy clinic
- Proactive attitude including being punctual, reliable and self-motivated
- Experience with foal handling and nursing
- New Zealand citizenship or a resident visa
In this role, you will be working 40 hours per week, Thursday to Monday, from September to January. Your duties vary with surgery, hospital and ambulatory tasks. You will be first on call for overnight foal care if needed, so flexibility is essential.
Some examples of what your duties will include
- Nursing hospitalised patients, including intensive care neonatal foals
- Surgical nursing
- Assisting vets with ambulatory cases
- Yard Duties
- Operating our in-house Idexx machines and other Laboratory duties
Confidence and experience in horse and foal handling is a MUST. We will provide training if you are not confident in certain aspects of the role.
If you feel like you could be an asset to our friendly enthusiastic team, please forward your CV and Cover letter to our surgeon, Alanna Zantingh firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your applications in by April 30th.
Your application has been successfully submitted.