This job is no longer accepting applications.
SVS Laboratories is a small but rapidly expanding organisation within the Animal Health Industry. Based in Hamilton, we are part of the well-established SVS family business and take pride on being 100% New Zealand owned and operated with a focus on actively supporting New Zealand Veterinarians and the wider veterinary community. We are innovative so we can respond rapidly to our clients’ needs, we also look after each other and we have fun.
We are looking for a permanent, full-time Laboratory Technician to join our Serology team. While all roles in the Laboratory are multi-disciplinary, initially this position primarily entails:
- Performing serological ELISA assays, and complement fixation tests.
- Producing accurate, clearly articulated, and timely results.
- High throughput processing and preparation of blood specimens.
- Having a strong focus on quality outcomes and excellent customer service.
- Participating in external QC testing and contributing to our QA system.
- Being well organised and having an eye for detail; and
- Being a strong team player.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Have laboratory experience performing serological ELISA assays, and complement fixation tests.
- Experience in the handling and laboratory preparation of blood specimens.
- The ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with respect to both veterinary diagnostic and laboratory issues.
- Enjoy the fast pace of diagnostic laboratories to meet deadlines without compromising on quality control procedures and practices.
- To maintain a high level of integrity in your work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Have a sense of humour.
This exciting role will appeal to someone that is passionate about diagnostic services in the animal health industry, providing excellent customer service and working for an organisation that values its team members.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Shauni Courtney at Shaunic@svs.co.nz. For more information visit the website www.svs.co.nz
Applications close: Friday 23 April 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.