Laboratory Technician - Microbiology
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
Gribbles Veterinary Pathology is New Zealand's leading provider of veterinary diagnostic services operating five laboratories nationwide. This fully equipped diagnostic laboratory performs a range of domestic and export testing, on behalf of private Veterinarians research organisations, government agencies, pharmaceutical companies and zoos.
Our Hamilton laboratory is currently offering an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a permanent, part-time Laboratory Technician in the Microbiology Department. This position is for 25 hours per week initially.
The successful applicant will have a knowledge of Microbiology and laboratory processing. You will be willing to learn new skills, work well alone and as part of a team. Extremely well organised, detail oriented and friendly with a strong focus on quality and customer service. Must be accurate and self-sufficient to succeed in this role.
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in science preferably Microbiology. A BMLSc will also be considered.
- Solutions focused with ability to problem solve and adapt under pressure
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to focus on daily work to meet turnaround times
- Ability to absorb, evaluate, and respond to information and ideas in a positive manner
- Continuous improvement mindset and safety and quality conscious
- Highly motivated and driven with professional attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a PC2 level biological containment laboratory desirable
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
The following key tasks will be part of your role:
- Preparation, extraction and analysis of samples in accordance with documented procedures
- Reporting results in accordance with quality standards and client requirements
- Ensuring turnaround times are met, whilst maintaining quality and technical standards
- Participation in quality, operational and efficiency improvement opportunities
- Assisting in gaining accreditation and RLP status for the laboratory
- KTP status
Your application has been successfully submitted.