Embryologist - Fixed Term
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Embryologist – Fixed Term
Animal Breeding Services is a long-standing company, based in the heart of Waikato. ABS is a prominent provider of reproductive technology to the breeders, genetics businesses and farmers within New Zealand and internationally.
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician/Embryologist on a fixed term from June to December 2021 to join the team working in the IVP laboratory.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, you will be working with a number of embryologists, technical assistants and veterinarians to provide a high standard of laboratory duties with special emphasis on all tasks associated with oocytology and embryology both for in vivo and in vitro bovine, ovine and caprine produced embryos.
A valid driver's licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle, participating in weekend rosters and willingness to travel nationally for fieldwork is essential for this role. This opportunity will start in June, candidates will need to be able to start work from a Matangi base (Hamilton).
Your ideal background
- Candidates would preferably hold at least a Bachelor's degree in biology or a related field.
- Laboratory experience is a minimum requirement; however, embryology and/or tissue culture experience would be an advantage.
- Exhibit excellent attention to detail and have the ability to follow procedure without deviation.
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Team player as well as the ability to work independently and effectively without supervision.
How to apply
If you are an enthusiastic, dedicated individual willing to be part of a close team of Vets, scientists and reproduction technicians of a world leading company providing top reproduction technologies in New Zealand and overseas. We would love to hear from you. Apply here with a cover letter and CV/resume. If you have any queries about the role, email Andrew via email@example.com
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
Your application has been successfully submitted.