Mixed Animal Veterinarian
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Veterinarian Position Available Eastern Bay of Plenty NEW ZEALAND
Vetora Galatea, Permanent Position – mixed animal veterinarian
PARTNER WITH FARMERS IN A THRIVING RURAL COMMUNITY
Salary range: NZ$140,000 – NZ$170,000
Vetora Galatea is one of FIVE clinics operated by Vetora BOP in the Bay of Plenty/Central Plateau region of the North Island.
We are a ‘profit for purpose’ business owned by our 329 farmer members. We employ 78 staff, including a mix of 19 large and companion animal vets.
Work closely in partnership with farmers to look after some of their most important assets.
- Work and possibly live in a welcoming and thriving rural community, with a picturesque environment.
- Thrive in a mixed, predominantly dairy practice (95% of total workload) - with companion animals, equine, deer, sheep, and cattle to maintain general expertise and interest.
- Work with dairy herd sizes between 180 - 1200 cows and benefit from greater vet/herd owner contact.
- Enjoy a content, cooperative, and appreciative client base.
- Feel supported in a non-corporate clinic environment.
- Access approachable experienced vets for help and support, with referral practices readily available.
We can offer you:
- Flexible working rotation throughout the year, with little after hour caseload when on call, as well as time off in lieu of weekends worked.
- Attractive employment package, with encouragement for Continuous Professional Development (internally or post-grad), consultancy and special areas of interest, input into how the clinic is operated.
- Upfront relocation or benefits package.
- Fully equipped branded practice vehicle,
- The option to reside in rural Galatea or in the neighbouring centres of Rotorua or Whakatane.
- The opportunity to discuss options that would provide flexibility, lifestyle, and work-life balance.
- A position of some autonomy and management, through operating your own schedule and encouraging strong input into how the clinic is operated.
This is preferably a FULL-TIME permanent position.
Galatea and the BOP
Galatea is a friendly and inclusive rural community with world renowned trout fishing, hunting, and tramping on its doorstep. It is within commuting distance of Whakatane or Rotorua, each with excellent services, restaurants, bars, shopping, and unlimited recreational pursuits - from mountain to lake to sea. The region also offers an exceptional choice of primary and secondary schooling options for children.
If you would like to join our team and live, work and further your career in one of the most beautiful regions of New Zealand, please contact: Mickey van der Merwe on email@example.com.
For more information about Vetora, visit our web site www.vetora.co.nz
Your application has been successfully submitted.