Specialists in Small Animal Surgery
This job is no longer accepting applications.
New Zealand: Specialists in Small Animal Surgery
We have an exciting opportunity for two specialists in small animal surgery to join our fast-growing specialist practice in beautiful Auckland, New Zealand. You will be a part of the Veterinary Specialists Auckland (VSA) family. We have two established hospitals in Auckland with seven specialists in surgery, three in diagnostic imaging, three in internal medicine, one in anaesthesia plus we are supported by two busy emergency practices. We are an experienced group, committed to providing the very best patient care with a strong culture of excellence, fun, dedicated support and collaboration. Everything we do is about delivering the highest quality care – together.
VSA is entering a period of growth and we are now looking for the right people to join our team as we look to expand our surgery department to cope with the growth we are experiencing in Auckland and the expansion of our specialist services to a new facility in Christchurch in New Zealand’s South Island. We have all of the expected surgical equipment including joint replacement, arthroscopy, intraoperative fluoroscopy and Ligasure as well as digital radiography, ultrasound, in-house CT and ready access to external MRI and PET CT.
The successful candidate will have an eye on the future – a future bright with opportunity.
- Build a career, and a home in New Zealand
- Enjoy a four day work week
- Work in purpose-built hospitals with world class facilities & equipment
- Collaborate with other specialists to provide the very best care together
- Be part of a fantastic team with dedicated support
- Veterinary qualification that is registrable in New Zealand
- Completion of a recognised specialist training program in small animal surgery
- Diplomate status in ACVS or ECVS or Fellowship of ANZCVSc preferred but, candidates with residency training considered.
- Positive interaction with specialists in other clinical fields
- Ability to interact well with other specialists to contribute to overall patient care and treatment
- Work well in a team environment
If you are a team player with exceptional standards, dedicated to continued learning and are ready to enjoy a wonderful life in New Zealand, then please visit our webpage to register an expression of interest.
Your application has been successfully submitted.