Laboratory Technician Specimen Reception
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gribbles New Zealand is the country's leading provider of veterinary diagnostic services, operating five laboratories nationwide alongside offering a comprehensive range of food testing through chemical and microbiological analyses. We are committed to providing innovative laboratory services, commercial integrity and delivering service excellence throughout New Zealand.
Our Auckland laboratory is currently offering an exciting opportunity for a permanent, part-time Laboratory Technician to join the Specimen Reception team on Saturdays. This role you will be responsible as the sole specimen reception technician processing and registering the weekend samples on Saturday mornings reading for testing.
Reporting to the Section Leader you will embrace a culture of continuous improvement and solutions focused mindset, to ensure a high level of quality and service. The first point of contact for samples arriving into the lab and a customer service superstar for our clients. You will work collaboratively as part of the processing team to receipt, sort and dispatch samples for the purpose of diagnostic and analytical testing. Case handling (case processing, unpacking, checking and scanning). Must be friendly, approachable, have great customer service and excellent computer skills.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to absorb, evaluate, and respond to information and ideas in a positive manner
- Highly motivated and driven with professional attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure and safety and quality conscious
- Ability to organise, prioritise and focus on daily work to meet turnaround times
- Solutions focused with ability to problem solve and adapt under pressure
- Continuous improvement mind set
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
- Experience working in a PC2 level biological containment laboratory is beneficial
- Full drivers' license
The following key tasks will be part of your challenging and varied role:
- Responsible for receipt, sort and dispatch of samples for the purpose of diagnostic and analytical testing. Case handling (case processing, unpacking, checking and scanning).
- Sample logistics (referrals, sample pick-up, courier run). Sample archiving and disposal as well as reagent preparation, consumable's preparation/dispatch and container returns.
- Co-ordination of couriers and all ordering for the lab alongside referral testing processes.
- Handling all calls and emails from clients, troubleshooting and providing guidance on services
- Investigation of complaints and non-conformances and completion of corrective actions
- Ongoing identification of quality, operational and efficiency improvement opportunities
Note you will be required to attend training sessions, which will be held on a midweek day Mon-Fri until you are fully competent in the role. These will be prearranged at a date that suits you
Applications Close: 11 Apr 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.