This job is no longer accepting applications.
A bit about us
Our vision is a natural environment in which native species survive, thrive and flourish, free from the threat and destruction of introduced pests. Goodnature is constantly working to 'take a stand for nature'.
Developing products that make it easy for everyone to create sanctuaries in their backyard, however big or small. We’re committed to providing pragmatic solutions to one of our most serious environmental problems - biodiversity decline. This is through the clever design and manufacture of automatic, toxin-free traps that humanely kill pests and then reset themselves. Check out our website to find out more www.goodnature.co.nz
This is a newly created role that will join our expanding New Product Development (NPD) team, primarily supporting our engineers and designers to research and develop new products for mass production that are effective, humane and minimise non-target risk. This is a varied and interesting role that, depending on the stage of product development, will see you:
- Work alongside stakeholders in the strategic validation phase to understand the product and how to optimise its effectiveness
- Work through problem discovery
- Perform and evaluate your own field trials
- Advise on the design of new products to ensure humaneness/improve effectiveness
- Validate prototypes in the field
- Write reports for funders...and much more!
Reporting to the Technical Lead, we are looking for an exceptional communicator who:
- Isn’t squeamish around rodents
- Has an understanding of how trapping works with a desire to learn more (about domestic and large scale trapping)
- Loves the environment and is keen to make a difference in NZ and global conservation
- Is comfortable working in the field
- Can analyse data from field trials including basic statistical analysis
- Can write high quality reports on trials including for external funders.
This is more than just a job, it’s understanding our mission and living it. We are controlling predators around the world and saving species while we do it.
If you are excited at the thought of being part of a fast growing, forward thinking organisation that is supporting and protecting precious biodiversity, please apply with your cover letter and CV today.
We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply now!
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with product research & development?
Your application has been successfully submitted.