Animal Care Attendant - Thorndon PT
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Pet Doctors Thorndon offers full medical & surgical facilities, an experienced team, radiology on-site, a cattery, dietary advice, weight, checks, prescription food house calls and emergency treatment. At Pet Doctors Thorndon we are dedicated to making sure that pets “live young to a very old age” through quality health care and good client relations with our staff. Our team strives to be knowledgeable, compassionate, and always focused on making sure your pet’s needs are put first.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Permanent Part-time Animal Attendant to join our busy team. The right candidate will have a commitment and passion for high-level patient and client care and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
The right candidate will be flexible with working hours and be available on weekends, public holidays and during peak periods, such as Christmas, New Year, Easter and school holidays.
The right candidate must be willing to perform split shifts. Residence close to the clinic will be highly advantageous.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Feeding and monitoring cattery guests
- Administering medication to cattery guests
- Cleaning litter trays and washing dishes
- Completing boarding observation charts
- Maintaining exceptionally high standards of patient care and adhering to low-stress handling protocol
What we are looking for:
- Outstanding customer service - a friendly, positive attitude. You'll go above and beyond for our clients!
- Strong communication skills
- Reliability and dedication to the role
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Efficient and possess good time management skills
- A strong work ethic and ability to be flexible with working hours
- Experience working within a boarding/shelter facility (preferred)
For further information about our clinic, please visit: https://www.nzpetdoctors.co.nz/clinic/thorndon
Please apply online with your CV.
Your application has been successfully submitted.