Veterinary nurse - Internal Medicine and imaging
Animal Referral Centre
Auckland, New Zealand
About the business and the role
Come and be a part of our amazing, growing team!
Animal Referral Centre (ARC) is a busy, growing, private small animal specialist/emergency practice established in 2016. We are independently owned and operated and have specialists in small animal internal medicine, surgery and diagnostic imaging, as well referral services in Cardiology. We also have a referral dermatology service and Hydrotherapy on site, and a referral Oncology service is in development.
We have all the equipment you would expect in a modern veterinary hospital including full in-house laboratory suite with Radiometer, multiparameter patient monitors, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, mechanical ventilation, on-site CT, and dedicated cat and dog receptions, consulting rooms and wards.
We have an opportunity for a nurse to assist with specialised medical procedures such as endoscopy and imaging. This will involve nursing of patients under the care of our internal medicine and diagnostic imaging specialists.
Why work for ARC?
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a progressive and flourishing business, providing the cutting edge in care for cats and dogs
- No two shifts are the same and you will gain experience with a wide variety of cases.
- You will have the opportunity to provide outstanding patient care and use your nursing skills – we expect our nurses to perform triage, place IV catheters, take blood samples, take radiographs, etc.
- We have a cohesive, friendly work environment and encourage collaboration between our specialist and emergency teams.
- Competitive remuneration is offered as well as regular in-house CPD opportunities and an employee assistance programme.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- General nursing of referral patients, including high-dependency cases
- IV and urinary catheter placement; venipuncture and running of laboratory tests
- Monitoring anaesthesia
- Assisting with medical procedures such as endoscopy
- Managing chemotherapy patients
- Assisting with ultrasound, CT and off-site MRI
- Mentoring and training of nurses
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years experience working as a veterinary nurse
- Have experience working in a specialist or emergency practice (not essential)
- Hold a Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or Bachelor of Veterinary Technology degree (or overseas equivalent)
- Deliver an exceptionally high standard of patient care
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be extremely reliable and driven to learn
- Be a team player
Job benefits and perks
- Membership of the NZVNA
- In house continuing education programme
- Continuing education allowance and paid CPD leave
- EAP services
- Assistance towards the costs of relocation will be considered for the right applicant
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a veterinary nurse?
Your application has been successfully submitted.