Emergency/critical care veterinary nurse
Animal Referral Centre
Auckland, New Zealand
Emergency/Critical Care veterinary nurse wanted!
We are seeking new ECC nurses to join our perpetually growing team!
Animal Referral Centre (ARC) is a busy, growing, private small animal specialist/emergency practice established in 2016. We are independently owned and operated and have specialists in small animal surgery, diagnostic imaging and internal medicine. We also have a Cardiology referral service and hydrotherapy unit.
Our after hours caseload is varied and interesting, consisting of a mixture of primary access and referral cases from practices in Auckland and beyond. A high proportion of our clients have pet insurance.
We have all the equipment you would expect in a modern veterinary hospital including full in-house laboratory suite with Radiometer, multiparameter patient monitors, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, mechanical ventilation, on-site CT, and dedicated cat and dog receptions, consulting rooms and wards. We have a receptionist on during the evenings and weekends.
Our successful candidate must have a positive attitude as well as a passion for emergency and critical care (ECC). A veterinary nursing qualification and least 2 years experience as a veterinary nurse is required. Previous emergency nursing experience is an advantage, but not essential.
Financial assistance towards relocation costs from other areas of New Zealand or overseas will be considered for the right applicants
Why work for ARC?
· Emergency and critical care is a challenging and rewarding field, no two shifts are the same and you will gain experience with a wide variety of cases.
· You will have the opportunity to provide outstanding patient care and use your nursing skills – we expect our nurses to perform triage, place IV catheters, take blood samples, take radiographs, etc.
· We have a cohesive, friendly work environment and encourage collaboration between our specialist and emergency teams.
· Competitive remuneration is offered as well as a CPD allowance and an employee assistance programme.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- General nursing of referral and emergency patients, including high-dependency cases
- IV and urinary catheter placement; venipuncture and running of laboratory tests
- Monitoring anaesthesia
- Assisting with emergency surgical procedures
- Triage of incoming patients
- Some reception duties, though ARC also has receptionists working evenings and weekends
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years experience working as a veterinary nurse
- Hold a Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or Bachelor of Veterinary Technology degree (or overseas equivalent)
- Deliver an exceptionally high standard of patient care
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be extremely reliable & willing to work shifts, including weekends & public holidays
- Be a team player
Job benefits and perks
- Membership of the NZVNA
- In house continuing education programme
- Continuing education allowance
- Assistance with costs of relocation may be available
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a nurse?
- Have you completed a qualification in veterinary nursing?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
Your application has been successfully submitted.