Animal Attendant - Casual
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location: SPCA Centre Greymouth
About the role
We are seeking a confident and outgoing Animal Attendant who can help our centre achieve the best outcomes for the animals under our care. The Animal Attendant is responsible for assisting with incoming & general care of the animals including feeding, cleaning and administering medication, monitoring animal health and behaviour, dealing with enquiries regarding adoption of animals in person, via phone or website and coordinating volunteers working in the animal areas.
What we can offer you
· Make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· Work with highly passionate people
· Varied and busy workplace
What we need from you
Our ideal candidate will:
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Have previous experience working in a similar role
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Have excellent computer skills.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
· Be able to work in other centres on the West Coast, if required.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Monday 5th April 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.