Veterinary Technician/Diploma Vet Nurse
Canterbury Vets is an independently owned and operated mixed animal veterinary practice, servicing the Mid Canterbury community under new ownership.
We are currently seeking a Veterinary Technician/Diploma qualified Vet Nurse. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic person passionate about the industry to join our small, friendly team. This is a strong support role to our veterinarians and will include a wide range of tasks, such as: surgical anaesthetics, medical and diagnostic procedures, ultrasound pregnancy testing, dehorning, teat sealing, disbudding, lame cows, reproductive programmes, preventive health programmes and metrichecking.
High level of remuneration for right candidate, with CPD, work truck, equipment etc all provided.
The successful applicant will need the following:
- Competent in all aspects of veterinary technician/nursing duties including surgical anaesthetics, medical and diagnostic procedures, as well as general health and welfare of animals.
- A good understanding of veterinary legislation and the Animal Welfare Act
- Ideally a Bachelor Veterinary Technology Degree or Diploma in Veterinary Nursing, but all applicants will be considered
- Good animal handling ability
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as independently
- Flexibility with start and finish times to meet client’s needs.
- Comprehensive computer and administrative skills with a high attention to detail.
- Good communicators
- Eagerness to learn and ability to adapt to changing priorities calmly and efficiently
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV
Cell: 027 968 2076
Your application has been successfully submitted.