The Kiwi Birdlife Park is a family-owned 5-acre wildlife park in beautiful Queenstown. We house over 20 species of native NZ birds and reptiles. We are involved in breed-for-release and rehabilitation programmes.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our small wildlife team in a full-time position. The successful applicant will be responsible for the daily care of a variety of species and habitats within our collection, as well as delivering daily public encounters.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
- A degree in Zoology (or similar)
- Experience in captive wildlife keeping and daily husbandry, preferably with native NZ wildlife
- Proven animal training and conditioning experience
- Knowledge of NZ horticulture
- The flexibility to work on a roster that includes weekends and public holidays
- As all staff cover shifts in our souvenir shop, previous experience in retail is advantageous.
- A NZ driver’s licence
- Proof of full Covid vaccination
- An outgoing personality and can-do attitude
Applicants for this position require NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit. To apply, please email your covering letter and CV
Applications close: 1st July 2022
Your application has been successfully submitted.