Calling all nurses - Grow your emergency medicine skills!
Manukau After Hours Veterinary Clinic has seen a significant increase in workload and is looking for additional Nursing assistance to ensure we can continue to provide exceptional emergency cover for our referring practices. We need your help!
We have an experienced team and can offer plenty of support as well as a great team environment.
Manukau After Hours Veterinary Clinic is a fast-paced, exciting small animal practice. Our clinic was custom built and is a spacious, modern and well equipped work environment. Our team is comprised of experienced, passionate veterinary surgeons and nurses.
We are looking for a nurse to join our expanding team. There are a variety of shifts available.
Our successful candidate must:
- Be driven and able to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Be a team player and have strong communication skills
- Have a positive attitude and a passion for nursing and client relations
- Have at least 2-3 years of nursing experience, appropriate qualifications and be able to legally work in New Zealand
- Be confident in working an overnight shift
Previous experience working in an emergency clinic is preferred but not essential as is computer literacy and experience using the Ezy Vet software system.
Applicant is required to be:
- Competent at triaging critical patients
- Placing IV catheters
- Monitoring anaesthetics
- Competent in running diagnostic blood tests
- Excellent client and team communication
- Be able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Hard working and positive attitude
Support for relocation costs can be discussed for applicants located outside of the Auckland Area.
If you are interested in joining our team and stepping into the rewarding field of emergency care, send your CV and a brief cover letter
Your application has been successfully submitted.