Coast Cattery is a bespoke 5 star rated cat boarding facility in Stanmore Bay that can house up to 40 cats, all in individual rooms with individual care. We take great pride in spending time to get to know our cats and providing them with an enriching, relaxing, safe, and pristine environment, providing our clients with a top-notch service they can trust.
We require Cattery Assistants to work part-time hours, weekdays, and weekends, in our beautiful facility and help create a relaxed, happy environment for our beloved cats and clients. Start date around 1st August.
Morning shifts start as early as 7 am and last 3-5 hours.
Afternoon shifts start from 3 pm and last 2-3 hours.
We generally need more staff during the busy mornings, but priority will be given to those who can work both shifts, particularly on the same day (split shifts).
Hours per week will vary, so you must be super flexible. You must be available to work extra hours (up to 5 days a week) during school holidays, especially at Xmas, New Year, and Easter, and be willing to cover staff absences at short notice. Some Public Holiday work will be expected.
- Interact with cats one at a time during their playtime sessions
- Provide food and water to the cats in our care
- Spot clean cat rooms and clean/change litter trays
- Keep careful records of the cats' daily activities, eating, and toileting habits
- Disinfect and clean vacant rooms and hallways/play areas
- Caring, conscientious cat lover
- Natural ability to connect with animals in a calm, patient, and attentive manner
- Relevant animal care qualification is ideal, but not essential
- Experience working with cats or other animals is ideal, but not essential
- Physically fit - a lot of cleaning and a little heavy lifting involved
- Reliable team player who can also work independently
- Ability to follow set procedures (both oral and written)
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Eye for detail with good communication skills
Should you wish, you will be given the opportunity to learn the full client interfacing side of things: enquiries, bookings, processing arrivals, and departures. A helpful, friendly manner, basic computer skills, a pleasant telephone manner, and a good knowledge of cats will be required. You will also need to develop the confidence to train and supervise other staff, run the cattery when the owner is absent and communicate well with the owner.
- Great opportunity to be part of a well organised, supportive, and pleasant work environment
- Large, comfortable office space/staff room
- Staff discounts on cat products and cat boarding rates
- Parking on site with nearby bus stops
Full training and ongoing support will be provided in all aspects of the job.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV.
Please let us know which shifts (AM or PM) you are available as well as which days of the week.
Further details of the cattery can be found on www.coastcattery.co.nz
Your application has been successfully submitted.