Waihi Veterinary Services
Waihi, New Zealand
Exciting opportunity for a Mixed Veterinarian to join a wonderful team in Waihi!
- Join a supportive and experienced team
- Work in a popular beach and outdoors destination
- Fully equipped clinic for medical and surgical procedures
Waihi Veterinary Service is dedicated to helping our local dairy farmers and local companion animal community. Between us, we have over 50 years’ experience and we have created a fun culture with a family vibe. You can be you, with us!
Our clinic is fully equipped for all standard medical and surgical procedures and we are a part of the NVC Group, which means that we are have the support of an administration office and a Regional Manager who looks out for the operational side of the business, letting us do what we love – helping animals in need!
Waihi – A beautiful spot!
Waihi is a popular destination for those who love the outdoors; the beach; and a relaxed lifestyle. We are an extremely popular holiday spot in the summertime and a peaceful place of residence throughout the year. We are very central to the Coromandel, Waikato and Bay of Plenty! Waihi has strong community development initiatives in place, including those supporting culture and heritage, the arts and fitness and well-being. Come and join us!
A bit about the position - In this role, you will be helping to treat our companion animal clients in the clinic, and you will be assisting our dairy vets with the large animal side of our business. Therefore, it is important that you share a passion for mixed-practice work and are capable in both areas. Of course, we have an amazing team who will support you and if you require upskilling or any further training, we will provide that for you!
What you can offer us:
- BVS or equivalent, and registration to practice in New Zealand.
- You are a passionate and driven vet with experienced in a mixed animal practice
- You enjoy working as part of a team and dedicated to providing Gold Standards of service
- You ideally have at least 4 years’ practical experience however we are open to other applications
- You can work after hours on our rotating roster
What we can offer you:
- A fantastic team environment
- No Weekend work – this position is Monday – Friday (except on call roster)
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave for annum
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in Australia and New Zealand
Our clinic is part of National Veterinary Care (NVC), a group of over 100 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand.
What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Vet Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more! https://veterinarytrainingcentre.com.au/
For further information about our clinic, please visit https://waihivets.co.nz/
Sounds great, how do I apply?
Please contact Jwan Kattan, Talent Specialist on Jwan.Kattan@vet.partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.