Full time veterinarian
Coast Pet Care
Silverdale, New Zealand
Coast Pet Care is a registered New Zealand charity with a long history in companion animal rescue and desexing. We are looking to employ a full time veterinarian on a one year fixed term contract for a prominently desexing role based in the community.
Coast Pet Care’s community desexing clinic has been running on a part time basis since February this year but is ready to be taken to the next level by an experienced vet. If you love providing veterinary care but are looking for a step away from the corporate model then this is an exciting opportunity to use your skills for something a bit different that will make a real impact on animal welfare.
The job entails day to day running of the desexing clinic based in Silverdale, Auckland. This includes working with animal welfare charities, the veterinary community, and volunteers, as well as all the usual daily operational processes. Ensuring quality patient care and remaining animal focussed at all times is essential. The job is Monday-Friday during normal business hours, there is no afterhours requirement, very occasional weekend work may be required. The clinic has been newly fitted out to a high standard and both the environment and the positive and committed volunteers make it a fantastic place to work.
We are looking for
- A qualified, NZ registered (or registerable), veterinarian competent and confident in small animal medicine and surgery
- Real commitment to animal welfare
- Strong basic surgical skills
- A willingness to work hard and get stuck in when needed
What we offer
- Support from a diverse and highly qualified and experienced management committee
- Strong veterinary support from a highly experienced vet team if required
- A genuine opportunity to focus on animal welfare in everything you do
- A positive and fun daily work environment
- Opportunity to grow your skill set and make a real difference
- Decent salary, vet council registration, and CPD budget
Silverdale is on the edge of Auckland and is a fantastic location to live as it presents both city and rural lifestyle opportunities.
Although this is a full time role we are happy to discuss part time, job share, or other flexible arrangements. If you think you might be a good fit, or you just want to have a chat in confidence about the job please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org