Small Animal Vet
Takanini Veterinary Associates
Takanini, Auckland, New Zealand
We're seeking a Permanent Full Time Vet at Takanini Veterinary Associates Auckland.
- Do you thrive in a busy environment and varied caseload?
- Are you looking to work with a team of experienced vets?
- Do you have special areas of interest you'd like to develop?
Takanini Veterinary Associates is a well-established, 5 FTE vet community practice that provides high-level veterinary medicine. We are looking for a full-time employee.
This position is ideal for a hands-on vet that wants to settle down in a practice, be mentored to grow their skill set from routine general practice cases and surgery, to more complex and rewarding surgeries and medical services.
This clinic is a place where veterinarians can develop their own special interests and for those looking towards a future in part practice-share ownership, this option is available for the right team member. Ideally you will start in January 2021 or sooner for the right candidate.
The practice is purpose-built, with 3 spacious consulting rooms, 2 surgical suites, treatment/dental area, digital X-ray, high-end ultrasound and endoscopic imaging, in-house lab for blood work. Special interests are broad and varied spanning from soft tissue surgery, orthopaedics TTA/TTO, stem-cell therapy, chemotherapy, reproductive AI and surgical AI, and dentistry.
Week days opening hours are 8am-7pm, with an average shift length of 8 hours. Weekend work is split between the team with 1 in 5 weekends with a day in lieu for the following week giving you a 3-day weekend.
Most emergency cases are referred to a near-by 24-hr facility, however, there will be occasional (reproductive) procedures after-hours where vets are on-call.
The ideal candidate
- Degree recognition to practice and be registered in New Zealand
- Minimum of 3 years’ clinical experience
- Strong surgical experience
- Enjoys building rapport with clientele
- Exceptional time management and prioritisation of cases
- Thrives off a busy, stimulating work environment
- A friendly team-player that works well alongside support staff and vets
- Happy to partake in the shared weekend roster and the occasional after-hours
The successful applicant will be rewarded with
- Excellent remuneration with employee pay-reviews to reward and value staff contributions
- A supportive, collaborative work environment with mentorship
- VetEducation and VIN membership
- 4 weeks annual leave, KiwiSaver for NZ citizens
- CE allowance and paid study leave, support to undertake memberships
For more information please contact Jwan Kattan.
Your application has been successfully submitted.