Emergency & Critical Care Veterinarian
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Closes: Jun 30, 2022
Organisation/clinic: Wellington After Hours Veterinary Clinic
Position type: Full or part-time Emergency & Critical Care Companion Animal Veterinarian
- We are looking for an experienced companion animal emergency veterinarian to join our amazing team.
- The role will involve working 2-5 weekly shifts, consisting of overnights and weekends. Flexibility offered around the number of weekly shifts – we can make this role work for you in terms of full or part-time hours.
- You will be part of a busy after-hours clinic, covering all the practices in the Wellington region after-hours, weekends and public holidays.
- Our caseload is varied, consisting of a mixture of primary access and patient transfers from surrounding Wellington practices.
- You will enjoy being part of a great team, working in an often fast-paced environment, and will strive to provide a consistently high standard of after-hours care.
- You will be well supported with highly skilled and experienced nursing team.
- We are well equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, a full in-house lab suite and multi-parameter patient monitors.
We are looking for:
- You must have a Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent.
- You must have at least 2 years of clinical experience in small animal practice. Specific emergency experience would be an advantage, but a keen interest is most important.
- You must be passionate about emergency and critical care (ECC).
- You must be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- Generous remuneration.
- Flexible rostered shifts.
- The opportunity for an excellent work-life balance. You will have time to make the most of what Wellington has to offer.
- Continuing education in ECC is encouraged and supported. Mentorship and support will be available to those wishing to attain membership of Australian & New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists in emergency and critical care.
- The opportunity to be part of a fun and cohesive team.
If this sounds like you, then please send a cover letter and CV
Your application has been successfully submitted.