This job is no longer accepting applications.
Looking for a change of scene or a whole new adventure? The NZ Borders are re-opening in May 2022 and we are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. So here are the reasons why you should consider this role.
- We are flexible in the role we are looking to fill;
- We are looking for a mixed practitioner, but a large or small animal bias can be accommodated.
- Whilst our preference would be for a full-time Vet, we can be flexible in the hours we are looking to fill; with several part-time staff, we understand that Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm may not be the easiest to manage with family or other commitments.
- Wellness in the workplace and a positive work-life balance are important to us;
- We are open 8.30am-5.30pm, with no weekend clinics and a 1-in-6 OOH roster or better throughout the year, apart from 10-12 weeks in Spring where we have two Vets on-call.
- We have a Veterinary Nurse on-call over the weekend to assist with emergencies and in-patient care during the busier Spring period.
- Emergencies permitting, we try to ensure that everyone gets their allocated breaks and finishes on time.
- We have a great team of Vets of varying experience and someone is always happy to lend a hand if more hands, more experience or just some friendly encouragement is required.
- We encourage CPD and offer a generous allowance,
- We have an established client base, the vast majority of whom are friendly, polite, and understanding of other work commitments and emergencies.
- We enjoy a light-hearted work environment, so a good sense of humour is a must!
- We are a truly mixed practice;
- Dairy comprises the majority of the large animal work; we have some great clients who give us the opportunity for involvement in their business on a more intensive basis, so we have vets trained in InCalf, Healthy Hoof and with interests in Dairy Nutrition.
- There is a good mix of sheep, beef, deer & horse work, with scope to grow these areas of the practice.
- The companion animal side of our practice is continually growing and we see a lot of challenging medicine, soft tissue and orthopaedic cases.
- With the nearest referral practice in Christchurch, we perform a lot of surgery in-house, proving to be both challenging and incredibly rewarding for all of our vets.
- With our team of four Diploma-qualified Veterinary Nurses, one of whom also doubles up as a Rural Animal Technician, we have plenty of support available to ensure optimal care for our patients.
- We live and work in a beautiful part of the world.
- Beautiful beaches 30 minutes away, mountains 2 hours away and the most stunning ‘office’ scenery to drive through on a daily basis.
- Otautau is 40 minutes from Invercargill, 2 hours from Queenstown and there are direct flights to both Christchurch and Auckland from Invercargill.
- We have an abundance of outdoor sporting opportunities, but if this isn’t your thing, we also have excellent local indoor sporting facilities to cover most interests.
- With the buoyant economy here in Southland and most industries crying out for staff, there are plenty of job opportunities for partners making the move with you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.